Monday, October 02, 2006

Goodies


Create Your Own!

Yesterday my parents arrived in Canada. It was like a family reunion with three aunts, one uncle, husbands, wives, cousins and kids. I brought home so much stuff that I knew it was time to put together a "goodies" slideshow and post =)

I got the MasterCard freebies a few weeks ago when I applied for a credit card. I don't know if they'll give this student with no credit history a card, but the water bottle has been very useful.

Cards are now being used for so many things! Who knew that you could put dental floss and perfume in them? And I got them just by walking around.

Then there was the org fair where just about every org was giving something away: Ballpens, Post-It pad, Excel gum and KitKat.

I attended an orientation for graduate students and won a Broken Flowers DVD and free entrance to a movie at Cumberland. Now I just need to figure out when I'll have time to watch...

Last night, my relatives gave me a lot of stuff on my wish list: a desk lamp, scarves, gloves, hand towels and magnets; plus instant noodles, lotion, tissue paper, fabric softener and a first aid kit! And the marinated chicken breasts are already in the freezer =)

Here's what my parents brought (some from my sister, others from my brother): Sustagen, Fibermate, Chippy, blank CDs, and instant lomi. Guess which one I didn't ask for? =)

And then there's Scripture and the Quest for a New Society, the book that I started editing in Manila and finished from Boston; and the eighth edition of History of the Filipino People, which I'll be using for my dissertation.

2 comments:

ghee said...

Thats nice Von!You missed your parents so much,I bet.

so cute ng mga goodies mo huh?

at talagang ginawan mo pa ng formations yung mga pasalubong from Pinas,haha!

I found them interesting! :)

cdnrose said...

hi von! i have the History of the Filipino People too. i'm using it as reference for my ezine for now. =)