Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Paraisong Parisukat (Square Paradise)


RockYou slideshow | View | Add Favorite

It isn't quite square or paradise, but it might as well be =)

Graduate House (GH) is where I live. I cross the street to work out and swim at the Athletic Centre (AC). Robarts Library, where I've been spending a lot of time, is the main library. The Faculty of Information Studies (FIS) is where I'm doing my PhD.

None of the buildings are particularly attractive. In fact, despite winning architectural awards, GH and Robarts have been nominated as the ugliest buildings in Toronto. And while I agree that they are pretty ugly, it must be said that I'll be spending more time inside the buildings. My roommate Mustafa says that our room reminds him of a jail cell... but it's a very comfortable one =)

So it's probably appropriate that Paraisong Parisukat was, in fact, a movie about a woman who worked in a shoe store. It wasn't quite paradise, but it was comfortable...

No comments: