Sunday, February 18, 2007

Winter in Orillia, ON

I've been to North America before, but never during winter, not even fall. I was more fearful than excited about winter, and snow was just one more thing I needed to deal with. Nothing to blog about. Except when I got to play in the snow.

Through the International Student Centre, I was able to join the free, annual International Student Weekend hosted by the very generous and accommodating Rotary Club of Orillia, which is about two hours north of Toronto, and has had the most snow this year in the province of Ontario. I also enjoyed interacting with other international students, including those from continents I've only ever dreamed of visiting =)

My first photos in heavy snow...


| View Show | Create Your Own

On the snow mobile...



Snow tubing...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Von!!nakakaexcite nmn tong videos mo,LOL!galing ni James Von,huh? :)

yung snow tubing,akala ko ay sled at first,at wow!bakit kalingan pang iikot,parang tea cup?haha!

cool ng pic mo sa snow mobile..and heyy,ang yabang ng pic mo,haha,I mean ang ginaw ginaw nakashortsleeves ka lang?wow!!

super ganda sa snow,i bet nag iienjoy ka sa stay mo jan :)

ingat lagi and thank you sa pagdaan at pagbati mo nung bday ko :)

hugs,
ghee

vonjobi said...

thanks, ghee, for dropping by. hindi "yabang" yung nakashortsleeves. that was for just about five seconds. i wanted to have my pic taken where people would know that it was actually me, and not just somebody buried under layers and layers of clothing =)

Jill Hurst-Wahl said...

Von, great photos! You look happy.

I took photos of our house in Syracuse for friends to see here.

We have not had as much as some areas of New York State...some have had 9+ feet of snow!

Anonymous said...

oh sure thing,Von!alam ko nmng para lang sa pic taking kaya ka nag shortsleeves :)

ano yung dapat mong gawin na di mo matapos tapos? :)
ingat lagi..

ghee